The Cape Town French School


Primary School

+27 (0)21 434 12 78

High School

+ 27 (0)21 461 25 08

Kings road

Sea Point, Cape Town, 8005

South Africa

101 Hope Street

Gardens, Cape Town, 8001

South Africa

Eduka 2

Study Permit

Any foreign family who settles in South Africa and wishes to enroll their children in school must get a study permit. Several recent changes have been introduced in the legislation. It is imperative to consult the South African embassy, and the Department of Home Affairs (DHA), or VFS.Global, which processes visa applications on behalf of the DHA, prior to departure for South Africa.

South African children or children who have permanent residence do not need a study permit.

Department of Home Affairs

Subdirectorate: Temporary Residence
Private Bag X114 – Pretoria 0001 – South Africa
Phone: +27 (0) 12 314 8911 – Fax: +27 (0) 12 328 3908 –

For information, your application must be accompanied by the following documents:

  • A valid passport
  • A certificate of registration to the French school of Cape Town (please contact our office)
  • Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition fees
  • A medical certificate and a valid medical insurance certificate for South Africa
  • A repatriation guarantee
  • A letter confirming your return to your country of residence / origin after the end of your studies
  • Student Visa Application Fees