Any foreign family moving to South Africa wishing to enrol their children in school must obtain a study permit. Several recent changes have been introduced in the legislation. It is imperative that you consult the South African embassy and submit your application two months before your departure.
For families already residing in the country, we remind you that VFS Global processes visa applications on behalf of the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
South African children or children with permanent residence do not need a study permit.
Department of Home Affairs: contact details
Private Bag X114 – Pretoria 0001 – Afrique du Sud
Téléphone: + 27 (0) 12 314 8911 – Fax: + 27 (0) 12 328 3908 – www.DHA.gov.za
Your application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A certificate of enrolment at the Lycée Français du Cap (please contact our office)
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition fees
- A medical certificate and a medical insurance certificate valid for South Africa
- A guarantee of repatriation
- A letter confirming your return to your country of residence/origin upon completion of studies
- Payment of student visa application fees